This page details some of the work I have done, as well as the projects I am involved with.
- Between 2006 and 2010 I wrote for local blogs and zines, both online and for locally distributed magazines.
- Between 2010 and 2012 I edited the popular music zine Vectis Radar, covering many events on the Island.
- Between 2012 and 2013 I worked for the Isle of Wight County Press in their newsroom and on their features desk.
- Between 2012 and 2014 I worked as the Press Officer for the International Charity The Roll Out The Barrel Trust. I am still an advisor for the Charity.
- Between 2014 and 2016 I ran my own business, Denjamedia. This had a focus on writing, PR, Marketing and Social Media.
- From 2014 I helped run the WightFibre Cowes Cardboard Boat Race. I was in charge of all Press/Media, the PR, Marketing, Website and Social Media.
- 2015-2017 I worked at Cineworld. I managed the social media and helped run marketing, as well as putting together events.
- 2016-current Freelance writing, including blogging. Photography and other media work.
- 2016-November 2017 Content and Web work for a local company. Including blog writing and editing. Successful campaign launches include: Victoria’s Island Trail, Destination Cowes, Escape to Adventure Island and Literary Heroes Trail, plus more.
- 2017-current I opened a new photography website called Left Eye Photography
- 2017-current I merged all my media work under the website lefteye.co.uk
- 2017-current Started working for Cineworld IOW, helping promote the cinema through events, social media and marketing.
- 2018-current I created an online profile about myself the on demand journalist.
- 2018-current Through Left Eye Media, I started managing the communications for Zone Alliance
2018-onwards. I’ll have more news about a new project soon.
Skills and knowledge: News writing, feature writing, interviewing, working to a deadline, shorthand, press releases, blogging, SEO blogging, digital marketing, digital tourism, digital content management, social media management, marketing, digital marketing, design, photography, film, working with WordPress, working with content management systems, event management, charity work, managing and promoting local businesses, managing bands, proof-reading, editing.
I have also undertaken journalism work from national media, on a freelance basis. Most recently I worked for the Daily Mirror on an international news story.
Please feel to commission me for writing, photography and other media work. Contact me for more details.
If you want to see some of my photography and film work, please click here.
On Demand Journalism